Thursday, March 10, 2005

A room without the view

So I had this whole post done and got an error message.. when I went back to republish it was gone.. so copy your posts baybeeeee....


I used to be a big fan of "the view" I am also a Survivor nut, so it seemed like the best thing in the world to have Elisabeth from survivor joining my morning gals.. I was sadly mistaken.
I know that elisabeth is a staunch republican.. I get that.. but this morning was probably the last straw.. The girls are talking about a european newspaper article in which an army guy is quoted as saying that the US staged the capture of saddam.. yup.. that's right I said staged..
According to the army dude, they had acutally captured him in a house the day before and set up the fox hole capture for the Army TV production crew. So, miss E as I am callin her now, starts talking about how we are all paranoid, and how the US must have had another bigger mission that they were trying to protect....huh? bigger mission? what bigger mission could there be except Bin Laden and he's probably in the east wing of the white house resting comfortably..
First we are lied to about why we are going to war, then they allegedly faked the jessica lynch rescue for the cameras, and now this... why exactly should we believe anything they say. Oh yeah.. except that we are just supposed to.. BS...
I mean they lied to us right? isn't this just another in a pattern of deceit? if this admistration was my partner I woulda broken up with them already.. is this country just THAT stupid? Anyone who doesn't fall in line with the administration is either unpatriotic or a left wing liberal nut job..
if that's the case than "nutjob, party of one.. " right here..
The climate of this country right now is sad.. the legislation of morality that is going on scares me.. and I apparently am in the minority.. So now I can't watch the view.. it just makes me mad every time she says something.. I suppose I can watch while she is on maternity leave.. otherwise I guess it's back to "starting over" cause I am way tooo young to watch "the price is right!"

But on the upside.. I have found out that Rosie is bloggin.. yay! I've read her stuff and I love it!

I can remember waaaay back when sitting in my apartment in Long Beach eating ramen noodles and watching her crack on Eric Carmen and his big hair when she was a VJ on VH1.. ahhhh those were the days..
in other good news.. comcast is showing "on demand" episodes of "Maude" ... could I BE any happier??? (you have to say that in your best chandler bing impersonation)
So this weekend is catch up on "supernanny" (why isn't every parent made to watch this show? It is fantastic! I want a naughty mat just to have one!) and whatever other shows are in the TIVO (have I mentioned I love tivo!) and some live music saturday night when Cathy Richardson plays Atlanta wooohooo ! saw her open for sugarland a while back and she was phenomenal.. heavy rotation on all 5 of her CD's which we proudly now own.

I got a medical ID card for my dog the other day... it made me sad... I put it with her ashes in the pine box.. it must have been generated before we had to have her put to sleep, and the vet's office didn't catch it.. They were super cool though, made a donation to the UGA school of veterinary medicine in her name.. RIP buddy.. I miss you....