Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Go Team CanaSA

So the olympics are rapidly approaching.. not just ANY olympics mind you .. not the sissyfied summer olympics of gymnastics and syncronized swimming.. I'm talking the WINTER olympics.. HOCKEY! and other deadly events like skeleton, luge, downhill skiing and yes....curling.. ok I'm joking about that last part!
This is the time when I have a crisis of conscience.. see.. I remember listening to hockey on the radio as a kid.. back when the colorado avalance were the Nordiques and they hailed from Quebec... their farm team practiced in my hometown, there were Nordiques memorabilia at shops all around town.. (I'll have to ask my sister if she remembers this.. she routinely has no memory of our childhood and the terror she inflicted on me... ) just kidding folks.. if ya read my ode to seester.. you know she didn't terrorize me....much....

See.. CANADA IS HOCKEY!!! It is given life when you are in the womb and if your mother is lucky, you don't come out with a hockey stick..... Growing up so close to canada.. and being that most of my family would be canucks, or rather "franco-american".. therein lies my crisis.. Team Canada....or Team USA... I've always rooted for both until which point they play each other and then I just let fate decide (fate decided that Canada MADE hockey at the last olympic matchup!) But I do have my team Canada hockey shirt.. and I must say.. looking around at the olympic stuff coming out (you know ROOTS always has olympic stuff) the team USA stuff is butt ugly and looks like retro '70's to me.. so that one should be a no brainer.. as far as what to wear anyway.
So, know that for a few weeks in february I will be switchin hats/shirts like a madman trying to keep up with the schedule and hoping that I can catch some great matchups!