Saturday, September 23, 2006

karaoke nights and AIDS fundraiser

tonight we went out with a friend for her birthday.. she chose mexican and karaoke so off we went.. it was a fundraiser for AID Gwinnett which inluded both a silent and live auction.. so wasn't I happy when I spied a photo of Jennifer Garner.. one of my girl crushes..I had to have it!! no one had bid on it at all and I can't imagine why..



so I watched her.. hell I stalked her all night long.. checking back to see if anyone had bid.. no one had.. finally about a half hour before the bids closed, someone bid.. I waited.. (as any good ebay bidder knows how...) 5 minutes before it closed, I struck.. and then I waited some more..
no one came back.. and she was mine! all mine!!!
it was for a good cause, and it is a great photograph.. and she will look great in our autograph alcove.. Generally I don't bid on celebrity autographs, half the fun of getting the autograph is the experience of actually getting the autograph.. but I made an exception for this one.. and butter was most gracious in letting me take her home.. thanks baby!