Friday, June 17, 2005

big brother is watching.. or wants to be

On my early morning drive into work today (yay a day shift for a week! I get to see my wife when she isn't inchoherent during conan) I'm listening to Neal Boortz.. I'll admit it.. He is is an equal opportunity offender.. on many issues I don't agree with him at all.. but sometimes I find myself nodding my head in agreement.. it's weird I know..
He starts talking about how the US Department of justice (DOJ) is quietly shopping the idea around requiring ISP's to keep records of all of their customers online activities.. did you hear that ?? let me say it again louder in case you missed it...
requiring ISP's to keep records of all of their customers online activities

we are talking every web site you visit.. every photo you look at, every email you receive, any chat room or message board that you post on, all of your online banking, online purchases.. EVERYTHING YOU DO ONLINE.
Of course this is under the guise of helping to fight terrorism.. how in the hell GWB knowing that I visited WebMD to look up a drug, or bought a CD from Amazon.com is going to help fight terrorism.................argh
people in this country need to wake the F!#@ up! everytime they add some random thing to the patriot act we give up more and more of our rights.. and no one seems to care...
Now from what I understand this discussion came about with the national center for missing and exploited children to help track down child abusers.
granted I think child abusers, people who abuse animals and people who prey on the elderly should be hung by their fingernails in a wind tunnel and beaten to a pulp.. but really.. do we all really think that this is the TRUE reason that they would like to pass this?
It's getting scarier and scarier out there folks.. the egomaniacs in power are drunk with it and willing to try whatever they think they can get away with it while they can..
WAKE UP.. LOOK AROUND.. BE ACTIVE.. BE OUTRAGED!
the very freedoms that our men and women are fighting for in other countries are slowly being taken away from us.. doesn't tht just make you mad? it should..

here is an article about it on CNET if you would like to take a look for yourself..

http://news.com.com/Your+ISP+as+Net+watchdog/2100-1028_3-5748649.html

or just go to the neal boortz webpage and look on nealz nuze for the day
http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html