Tuesday, November 29, 2005

an idea whose time is now

Today I wrote a letter to my state senator..
a couple of months ago, the governor of our state cancelled school for 2 days to conserve fuel.. It caused an incredible amount of trouble for working parents, who had to scramble to find a place for their kids to go instead of school. Many parents had to take the days off of work, not being able to find anywhere for their kids to go..
So I was thinking as I passed the great bus yard on my way home from work one night.. Why doesn't the state convert all of the school buses to bio-diesel????
I mean think about it.. how much money would be saved? how much good would it do for the environment to have fewer gasoline burning engines on the road.
Not only that, but with many people converting to alternative fuels like Bio-diesel, there is a need for places to obtain said fuels.. so places like the bus yard would be perfect, they could create pumping stations at the bus yard and have a place for the general public to go to purchase bio diesel.. it's totally a win-win! So I am writing a note to my senator, who also is a former co-worker of mine to see how I can present this idea to who ever needs to hear it..
Will let you know what I find out!