Thursday, November 10, 2005

water.... water......everywhere




After another incredibly overwhelmingly busy day at work.. I came home.. late again.. all I wanted was a glass of diet coke.. that's all.. nothing extraordinary.. just a glass of DC.. in my tired state, as I was opening the bottle, I lost my grip on it and down it went.. all down the side of the fridge, and back behind it too.. a big ole mess.. so after a few carefully selected cuss words, I went about the business of cleaning..
I pulled the fridge out and wiped everything down, figured since I had pulled it out I would recover some of those fridge dust bunnies that seem to congregate underneath that warm fridgy goodness! and then it happened.. I bumped the fridge eeeever so slightly.. and the line for the ice maker ruptured.. sending a lovely fountain-esque spray all over me, all over the cabinets.. and well....everywhere.. (insert some more carefully selected cuss words here) I grabbed some towels.. and hollered for boo to go and turn off the water main down in the basement.. (I couldn't remember exactly where the cutoff was for the ice maker at that moment..)she got the water turned off and I inspected the wading pool that was now our kitchen.
more towels. mops.. paper towels.. etc.. headed to the basement to find the cutoff.. found it after a few moments of trying to remember where the hell it was...
got it turned off just about the time more water started pouring from the kitchen floor vent that was just above our heads..
back upstairs for more cleaning.. mopping, toweling.. etc..
I'm still damp from the knees down.. but the water's all turned off and I now am sitting down to what I wanted in the first place.. a refreshing diet coke..
never has a glass of DC been such a pain in the ass to obtain..