Friday, November 18, 2005

RUSH LIMBAUGH...WAR PROFITEER

I heard about a new program being offered by ole Oxycontin boy..
For roughly $50 you can adopt a soldier, and that soldier will have access to rush's newsletters and streaming audio while they are overseas..
I can't tell you how much this man disgusts me just in general.. but now.. he has gone well beyond that..
I mean lets face it.. he's ultra patriotic right? Why doesn't he just GIVE the soldiers access to his infotainment? it's not like they are printing up newsletters and sending them off.. it's on his freakin website.. It costs him NOTHING!
So I've sent an email off to mr big mouth, stating that as an american, it concerns me when anyone appears to be profiting off of the hardships of others.. ESPECIALLY our soldiers.. (and if he heard about anyone else profiting off of our soldiers, you better believe he would be all over it!)
I've said in my email that I looked all over his web site and it doesn't really say what will be done with the monies that will be generated from this program (Oxycontin?) but would like to suggest that if he really wants to support our troops that he take the generated monies and donate them to the USO or any of the other soldier support groups out there.
I mean hard workin people, tryin to be patriotic are gonna send this guy $50 bucks.. if 100,000 people did that (considering what a large audience he has) he's going to make a FORTUNE! Now on his web site he does state that he, himself, with his super secret credit cards will be purchasing a large number of these subscriptions to give to the soldiers.. oh thank you Rush. thank you for being so supportive.. why don't you just GIVE them the access and let everyone keep their $50.
Now this was allagedly an idea phoned in by a listener.. and while that may be the case, it is still WRONG for anyone to profit from this war..
Why no one (cept the folks at AA) is calling him out for doing this is beyond me.
But I am eagerly awaiting a response in my email to see what he has to say about it..
and if I don't hear anything.. I will continue to email him till I do.
I am really just shocked and disgusted that anyone would go along with this without even thinking about where the money is going.. straight into rush's pockets...
There are so many great organizations that send soldiers books, CD's, care packages... etc.. if Mr. Limbaugh really wanted to just support the troops and let them have his program to listen to, he could use the same principles he has outlined on his web site and just let them have access..
of course he is going to be super dilligent to keep the left wing pinko commies from getting a subscription (no thanks!) as he has stated on his web site

We will be very, very vigilant against people trying to scam this brilliant and great program. We have no doubt that many liberals who are expecting handouts their whole lives will try to glom onto this program and pass themselves off as military in order to get in the database so they can get free subscriptions to the website


Free susbcriptions? they ARENT free.. Good americans are paying out of their own pockets for these "free" subscriptions..
oh it just makes me want to hurl..