Friday, June 02, 2006

Hugging Ponch

This afternoon, I had to go upstairs out of my little cave of an office to get some info on a project I am working on .
As I am there talking to some of my co-workers.. two of the guys we work with come by, breathless and obviously looking for something and were about to bust with excitement.. they mumbled something in the form of a question as they were running by.. “Have you seen Erik Estrada
We sort of just looked at them like they were perhaps smoking something.. or just generally insane.. our non-answer sent them packing.. and off they went..
It was more the way they said it.. kinda like.. “have you seen bob smith?” cause you know.. you see bob smith every day.. like seeing Erik Estrada was some every day occurrence for us.
We continued our conversation about the project, and then I began to leave.. I saw one of the women I work with coming towards me, or actually more like into the area that I was walking in, so I said.. “Hello Kathy” and as I looked to her immediate left, there .. was Erik Estrada.. “and hello Erik Estrada” I continued with just a beat.. I reached my hand out to shake his as his arm was outstretched.. as I shook his hand he pulled me in for a hug.. He smelled nice.. I turned to my co-worker and said… “Hey, they were serious, Erik Estrada really is here!” and everyone began coming around to meet him and say hello.
It was a most surreal afternoon ( no surreal life pun intended!)
Nice man.. very cute.. I loved Ponch!

And they are apparently making a movie of the tv series CHiPs.. starring “Fez” from “that 70’s show ” Wilmer Valderrama.. it won’t be the same

Happy Friday everyone! Nothing says "it's the weekend" like hugging your favorite TV cop! (ok favorite male tv cop.. Sharon Gless wasn't at the office today!)