Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Banned!

Shocked!
I've been banned from someones blog.. not really sure why.. could be a glitch in the system.. was writing a lovely little note about people who have enhanced our lives.. but I don't think I've ever been banned before..
I was speaking about a teacher I had in high school, who saved me.. I found a plaque in a store once that I got for her.. it said
"you have touched me...I have grown" I take that sentiment with me a lot when having personal interactions with people.. do they add something to my life? are they a sucking the life out of me? there are different kinds of people in our lives.. sometimes friends that you have who you think you will never lose, go in and out of your life. and sometimes you just have to walk away from people who are toxic to your life.. lessons to learn..
anyway.. since I couldn't leave the sentiments about this wonderful person in my life there.. I thought I would leave them here..
changing schools as a junior in high school at the time felt like the end of the world.. it obviously wasn't.. but at the time.. it was everything. I withdrew.. spending all of my time listening to The Carpenters in my room.. I went to this teacher and begged to be let onto the yearbook staff.. which was full already.. I don't know why she decided to let me in, but she did, and it completely changed my life. within a few weeks I was working as the photographer for the staff and would continue that role through graduation. In that time we had many chats, learned a lot about myself and her as well.. she was one of those teachers that would do anything to get students to learn. if she had to jump up on a desk.. she was there.. she was very animated. I loved her.
The hurricanes in florida destroyed her home.. I've checked in and they are rebuilding.. but for the time when phones were down and no one could find anyone there I was scared.. all is well though..
at our 10 year reunion she told me.. she always knew about me.. even when I didn't.. "I wish you would have said something." I said to her"
"you had to figure it out for yourself.." she replied.. and she was right I suppose
but it would have saved me a few years of frustration!
so thanks DW.. you saved me.. and I appreciate it.. I would have been a much different person today had I stayed locked in my room.. sullen and angry (both..at the same time! as elvira kurt would say)

peace out