Friday, April 15, 2005

the innocence of children

Why can’t we all be more like children?
Wide eyed, open to the world..
Full of questions and wonder
We prepare to open our hearts to one..
Not now
But soon enough
I think back fondly, all my cousins, little ones at the time
Entering college now..
Time goes so quickly.
they no longer fit on my knee

Little N,
So full of love
Hugs and kisses all around
He doesn’t know he has two aunts
He only knows he has two people that love him dearly
Squirmy and full of life..
That sweet baby smell
And formula
He’s the cutest thing in the world..
I’m biased
Pictures in my office
Of this little wonder boy
Golden curly locks and big beautiful blue eyes
I am a proud aunt-in-law
And I show him off to anyone who wanders by

Babysitting on new years eve
So mommy and daddy could go out to play..
No where else I would rather be
A child.. no hate.. only love
We can’t help but pick something up for him
Every time we shop
It’s fun to shop for babies..
I could go in debt
But we control ourselves
Even though we don’t really want to..
Noisy toys and little outfits
A cowboy and some frogs
Baseball caps and overalls
And kitty cats and dogs
Some day we will shop for a little one at home
In the meantime we count the days till we see little N again
Hoping he will remember us
And knowing that kisses and hugs await..
Yay!