Sunday, June 19, 2005

I've fallen.. and I can't get up

(if you have issues reading about the bathroom, then I suggest you read no futher.. although there are no bodily functions or "toilet humor" present fair warning)


ouch

friday night/Saturday morning at about 4 in the morning.. I fell in the bathroom.
no, I'm not 90 years old.. :)
(sure feel like it today though)
I have to say I am a little freaked out by it..
Got up.. everything good.. went into my bathroom and had to tinkle.. no biggie..
I'm not sure what happened next... I don't even know how long I was in there.. though butter says it wasn't extremely long..
all I know is I went to get up and biscuit go boom.. my left leg was completely useless.. I hit the "pot" and the tub.. butter heard the commotion and asked if I was ok, to which I yelled out "NO, PLEASE COME HERE!!!!)
She came in and helped me get situated.
It was weird.. I didn't feel anything like my foot was asleep or anything.. I'm not sure if I sat on a nerve funny.. if I fell asleep ( I may have.. I fell asleep posting on a blog the other day and jerked awake to find a page full of sssssssssssssssssssssssssss ..
So of course I am all freaked out.. at first I made sure that I could stand.. butter helped me walk back to the bed.. I definitely tweaked something in my back.. but I am hoping it is only muscular. I'm going to call the neurosurgeon first thing monday morning and see if he wants to get an xray or anything to make sure the piece that he put in my spine is still OK.
Nothing scares me more than F-ing up the surgery I had.. I certainly don't want to do it again.. and it has been going really well. I'm pretty sore today.. and my spine area hurts a bit, but I am hoping really that it's just everything around it that is sore.. I'm a little concerned about possibly sitting on a nerve that would make me fall over when I get up. but we will deal with that next time..
But I felt like that lil old lady in that commercial who says
"Help... I've fallen and I can't get up"
everything is ok really.. promise.. I think it just scared me more than anything..
and just felt the need to share..
Now every time I have to pee, I have a moment where I get a little nervous.. and when I get up I'm like checking to make sure my leg is working..
oi..
all this and I'm not even 40 yet! (4 more months)

yikes!