Saturday, July 09, 2005

Firewood!




So.. here's one of the trees.. there are plenty more.. but the photo itself basically is about half the length of our house..
Long day yesterday.. started off in court.. speeding ticket that I got just after my surgery finally settled. begrudgingly pled guilty to driving in excess of the posted speed (35). The speed I was allegedly going? 39...
It was in a small speed trappy town.. they wanted to find me almost $400 and points on my license.. so I was fighting it.. you have to understand.. I had only just been given permission to drive.. was wearing this monster brace.. wasn't driving my car.. and was lost.. all adds up to someone who would have been speeding don't you think? granted if he got me coming off the interstate, I may have been doing 39, but I knew almost immediately I was lost, and turned around in a driveway.. it wasn't till after I turned around that he stopped me..
and the kicker.. He said I was speeding in a school zone.. I actually had to ask him why he stopped me cause I had no idea.. I thought maybe when I backed out of the driveway I didn't see him and cut him off or something.. but no.. I was speeding in a school zone..
Anyone who knows me knows I would NEVER speed in an area where there would be children present.. not only that.. in a posted area.. the problem was that the light that flashes to let you know that you are entering a school zone, well it wasn't working.. Fortunately I called the road engineering department the day after the ticket and was told that the light we were talking about had not been working and didn't appear to have been fixed at the time I allegedly sped through it..
So my attorney got them to drop the school zone charge.. but they wouldn't drop the speeding part (which I don't understand, cause who gets a ticket for 4 miles over the speed limit!~)
So all settled.. no points, small fine.. then off to the doctor to get all checked out and new meds..
all I can say is WOW.. the difference in how I was walking at lunch and when I got home was 500% better..
Since I had been feeling so crappy all week, I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home.. got the makings for chocolate covered strawberries, and ingredients for a special breakfast feast.. and some flowers....
I feel quite guilty a lot for being cranky when I am in pain.. we always hurt the ones we love they say, and I can get downright crabby and snappy.. and I really try hard not to but sometimes I just am.. so this was my way of saying I'm really sorry I have been an ass this week, please forgive me..
We had a couple at bedtime.. they were tasty..

today is the BIG DAY! MY GIRLS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO
10-0 BAYBEE

we have played this team 3 times already.. and beaten them every time.. the last time on their field.. which they had never lost on before in the history of their franchise, and they had been in another league before joining ours.. so we are talking a long time..
My girls are hot.. they are on fire.. and they are tough! so I have no fear.
Championships are in New Hampshire, which would be great cause we could run up to maine and visit the family.. so that's where my head is.. we are going there cause I got to get up to see my peeps!
So keep your fingers crossed that everyone is on focus.. and no injuries..
will let you know how it goes..