Wednesday, July 20, 2005

not for the faint of heart

I'm supposed to be eating dinner right now.. not gonna happen..
I just viewed the most disturbing video (though I'm sure I'll see worse at some point.. have seen lots of bad.. but this....)
A few months ago they arrested a woman.. the cat lady..
she had been volunteering at a no kill shelter for a while.. and they found a lot of cats at her house.. she had been fostering them.. unfortunately there were HUNDREDS! of them.. live cats.. dead cats.. dead cats in with live cats in crates.. dead cats on the floor.. in litter boxes.. feces everywhere..
words cannot describe how absolutely disgusting it was..
and worse.. she was living in the house..
bags of dead cats.. they were everywhere.. everywhere
I am too grossed out to eat.. I had to walk away for a little bit..
I just don't understand how someone could just live in a house filled with dead cats in varying stages of decay.. and it wasn't some ratty house either.. it was in the alpharetta area .. expensive houses.. manicured lawns..
they need to just burn that house to the ground and start over..
I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in it after this..
She's in jail.. will be for quite some time..
the rescue group's license is going to be revoked and they will be fined for not checking in on the welfare of the cats..

I just have no words for what I have just seen.. it was awful..