Friday, July 15, 2005

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

wow..
what a week.. we finally got someone out to get the trees down in the yard.. once we have it all cut up we should have enough firewood for the next 3 or 4 years!
I am pulling double duty at work and unfortunately the person who usually takes feeds is on vacation.. so they have missed every feed I've needed this week.. which means.. tomorrow is going to suck..
The football game scheduled for last weekend was postponed, due to the weather, to this saturday.. and about 4pm this afternoon I check in only to find out that we've had a venue change.. a venue change.. 2 days before the game! can you say pushing media into overdrive.. I had just been on the phone with one of our sportscasters in the city, so I had to call her right back before she went on the air with the wrong location.. so I have been on the phone and emailing all night long to make sure it's in all the papers and on the radio and on whatever sports cast I can get it onto.
oy..
should be interesting.. I hope that people don't show up at the wrong place...
this field is turf though, so at least if it only rains again we can still play.. the potential to destroy the other field had it been played on in the condition it was in was just too great.. so while it was a little crazy.. this is a better situation, being that the threat of storms is still around..

I've got some thoughts on the whole Karl Rove controversy.. but they are going to have to wait till I have more time....
so if you love football and you are anywhere near atlanta this weekend.. I HIGHLY recommend that you come on out and see the women of the Xplosion play some ball..
this is the 3rd meeting of these two teams, and they have yet to win.. so they are out for blood.. they have been around for several years.. and had never lost a game.. till they played us.. they had also never lost a home game.. until we went to jacksonville. so they really want to beat us bad....
It should be a fabulous game..
nighty night.. I'm exhausted! and tomorrow is another day!