Wednesday, September 14, 2005

FIN

I had to get this out.. it's long winded and ranty.. but I just sat and cried tonight.. and I just don't understand...
_________
I've had enough.. yup.. that's right I'm done..
I understand that some people have to support bush for whatever reason, economic or otherwise.. but what he has done to this country is indefensible..
exactly who does he have to kill before people realize he is at best incompetent.. ??
at worst a murderer..
(or, as I said in an email earlier today ...)
or is negligent homicide no longer a crime in this country??.. i can't remember.. they keep changing the rules of the game.....

I don't know about you.. but I certainly don't want to see something bad happen here.. we are not prepared for what is to come.. homeland security my ass.. cronyism caused this .. Bush picked his FEMA guy.. the top three guys at fema have no emergency management experience whatsoever.. and these are the point people when something bad happens? these are the people who are supposed to take care of us if something bad happens.. they don't know what to do, and worse I suspect they don't even care..

sure there's lots of blame to go around.. but many of the things that I have seen and read from firsthand accounts by people who are there, place the blame squarely where it belongs.. with the federal government.. and I am not talking about what happened just after the storm. I am talking about what is happening right now.. FEMA has not been to many gulf coast states.. many people haven't even seen them.. there is a bigger military presence in new orleans than most metropolitan cities have police.. and for what.. most people are gone from NO, there is nothing really to protect ..
For all the NPR and Fox news and neal boortz that everyone is listening to I wish for just one day you would listen to air america radio and hear people who are down there on the ground.. what is being witnessed. There are mercenaries who have been deputized to "secure" the situation.. Media reports have gone soft most focusing on the shiny happy spin that the white house is gladly spoonfeeding them.. Anderson cooper may be the only one still down in NO, reporting daily.. the media is being shut out of covering a lot of the rescue and recovery effort.. why? what do they have to hide? what happened to the first amendment?
contracts have already gone out to haliburton.. a business from another country (south africa I believe) has been hired to dispose of the dead bodies.. this company just settled a $100 million dollar lawsuit for their mishandling of the deceased..
If they are trying to cover up the total number of dead, they've got the right folks for the job..
There are rea estate speculators making bids on property that people have refused to leave..
why?
I would LOVE to just look at all the good that is being done.. but that's lookin at the world through rose colored glasses.. and right now.. in this country we can't AFFORD to do that..

As I sit and watch them cart out elderly people from a nursing home who died waiting to be rescued.. who sat in the parking lot in their wheelchairs.. and in their beds.. who thought help was coming.. and never did.. who died in the hot sun.. who DIED.... I have to ask.. what is so wonderful about this president that people will defend him.. even now?
How can anyone defend the animal.. his love of the dollar and his love of war far supercedes his care about the poor, the elderly.. the children, now seperated from their families.. having been sent god knows where.. with no information as to where they went.. in this day and age.. with all of the technology.. we are reduced to showing photos on the tv of a child.. or in some cases just giving a description of the child, because the family didn't make it out with any photos..

how many people have to DIE before people will wake up and realize.. this man.. who ran on the campaign that he was "the man who would keep us safe" has negligibly killed more americans than any sitting president.. quite possibly any living person.. other than hitler..

yeah.. I am pissed.. I am tired tired of people defending a man that is beyond defending in my opinion..
What can we do?
Jon Stewart made an interesting comment the other night.. He was saying that this NO incident for bush is much like clinton's monica lewinsky incident.. it will be the thing that he bush is remembered for.. but tens of thousands of people didn't die in monica lewinsky's vagina..

if you have a chance.. please go and take a look at a slideshow by the country band Sugarland.. It brought me to tears.. I hadn't really cried a whole lot yet.. But I did tonight.. the song is called Stand Back Up.. it has become a kind of anthem to some people..

Sugarland Katrina slideshow

I cried for every grandparent that was left behind.. for every child who couldn't swim and got seperated from their parent.. for every floating body.. for everyone whose home is gone.. for those who are still hungry.. and living in a tent in the Kmart parking lot..
for those who were raped at the superdome.. for those who had guns pointed at them, so they couldn't cross a bridge to get them to safety.. cause they were the wrong color..
for all the dogs.. and cats.. and animals. who waited for their owners to come home.. and got water instead..
For all the people.. for all the people.. for all of us...
_



______
on a happier non ranting note..
happy birthday daddy.. I love ya ol' man! I've got ribs and margaritas ready and waitin for ya..