Tuesday, September 06, 2005

WORDS

***warning. the post below describes someone in their death.. not too graphically.. but you might not want to read.. I will put the graphic part in bold in case you want to skip it..






I have no more.. today I watched as a group of rescuers entered what looked to be an apartment building.. where they found, at last count.. 30 bodies.. I am sickened beyond words..








As they panned the bodies in the room, there was a sheet that was mostly covering one of the bodies.. it was an elderly woman.. it was unclear whether she was white or black.. and it doesn't matter.. her grayish hair was peeking out from the sheet that had been placed over her dead, bloated body.



I thought of my mother.. my grandmother, gone for a very long time but always in my thoughts.. I thought of butter's mom.. In my minds eye I saw each of them there, and I cried..
I don't understand.. these are peoples mothers, daughters, sons, brothers, fathers.. CHILDREN, lying under sheets stacked on a floor, no where to put them, no one to claim them, their families sent hundreds of miles away.. I can't even imagine if I had been put on a plane, while my mother lie dead under a sheet in a building somewhere.. gruesome thought.. but these aren't disposable lighters we are talking about.. they are people.. people who didn't have to die.. people who had a hard enough life.. and had an even harder death..
have you ever seen anyone who has drowned? I'm not talking about on CSI, or some other drama show.. I'm talking about an actual drowned person? It is ugly.. and sad..
I have no more words.. I am disgusted with our governement's inaction, and political spin doctoring that is going on now.. they couldn't step up after the fact, but they are in major spin control at the moment.. and it sickens me..
and all I want to do is scream.. and I know I'm not the only one. The timelines don't match what the federal goverment is saying, and yet there are still people who defend their inaction. And I can't understand why.. or how anyone could defend it.