Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bioterrorism at anti war protest in DC??

According to various news reports, the pathogen -tularemia(rabbit fever) was detected by monitors set up on the national mall during anti war demonstrations last month in Washington DC.
The pathogen was apparently tested in japan in the 50's for use as a bioterror agent. While officials don't believe that it was an act of terror, one has to wonder.. 300,000 people were estimated to have attended this event, and yesterday Bush starts a frenzy about the avian flu. just about the same time that people who may have been exposed would start showing symptoms. hmmm.. certainly would give some credence to bush's avian flu scare if lots of people started coming down with something.. matter of fact.. I wonder if anyone in canada has checked on the mystery virus that's killin people up there..
I expect to see the super neat avian flu graphics package with the theme music any moment on any of the 24 hour news channels..

There are various news stories, both national and international on this story.. if you don't believe me.. go look it up.. do a search for the proper name of the strain
Francisella tularensis and add anti war demonstration.. you will see articles from japan, turkey, yahoo, and the washington post among others..

and if you attended the anti war protest in DC, and find yourself not feeling well please go get yourself checked out and make sure you tell them you were there..
Symptoms include sudden fever, headaches, diarrhea, joint pain, cough and progressive weakness. Kind of mimics pneumonia.

This is one story that isn't getting any coverage at all at this point. so send the info to anyone you might know who might have been in DC that weekend.. just to be safe.

Here
is a link to the story that appeared on Yahoo news.

In other news.. I'm exhausted.. my sleep schedule is all screwed up.. matter of fact I was fallin asleep as I wrote this.. it's takin me a little while to get used to this new schedule.. but today, my new chair was delivered to the office! one that has decent lumbar support.. it's much better than what I had in there before.. they had offered after I got back to get me a decent chair, but since I was quite nomadic, going from room to room, I kinda let it slde. So I can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow after having used it for a whole day!
that's it from here.. I am heading to bed.. I hope I can sleep through the night tonight.. last night I woke up at 3:30 am... was not a restful night's sleep.. nbut tonite I am plenty tired.. and I had a little nightcap, so hopefully tonight will be different..
hope you all have a great rest of the week! tomorrow is Survivor Thursday yeeeeehaw!
peace~b