Friday, February 17, 2006

The Wigging .. is the hardest part


I've been meaning to write about this for a while.. for those of you who were around the big rock around halloween will remember that I was part of a trio that dressed up at the office as the peanuts gang.. I was peppermint patty, and there was linus and charlie brown.. you can see the original post here


So I had this bright orange wig ala peppermint patty hanging around the house when my family came to visit at thanksgiving.. It was just kinda off in a corner waiting to be put in the halloween tupperware in the basement that had already been put away.. (procrastination.. I know... I'm really bad about that..)
So I come out of the bathroom to find my mother.. and well.. ya just have to know my mother.. she's a bingo lovin fool! Well she decided to try on the wig

I like to call her "the fashionista"


So after rolling around on the floor for a bit laughing.. I tried to get my brother (Mr. I have no sense of humor.. much ) in on the action..
If you notice though in a couple of the photos there are hats and things that she didn't put on... guess she's waiting for the next visit to try those...

I tried desperately to get him to put in on.. as you can see he just tried to cover his head and hide.. so I finally put it on him and took that photo.. this was the post wigging... he had turned bright red at this point..



we all laughed..funny what some fake hair will do to an evening of playing cards..
and see... you think that would be it.. but mom decided to try on other head accoutrements. like this snappy FDNY hat..

Later apparently having no other hats or headpieces to put on (and keeping in mind that they are from Florida and it was about 30 degrees here) to go outside and have a smoke.. she decided that she would get creative..



That's mom just being silly.. but I hear over Christmas vacation, she found some fun things to wear at my sister's house! I'm thinking next time they visit perhaps a visit to party city to pick up some bizzare things to just sort of put around the room to see if she notices.. and more importantly if she tries them on!