Thursday, March 17, 2005

TVLand Awards

So I woke up a little while ago after a bit of a nap, and what to my wandering eyes did appear.. but the TVland awards!
Jaclyn Smith is still looking great after all this time.. they are honoring aaron spelling at the moment..
wow.. this is bringing back so many memories of my childhood.
I can remember how my career in TV started..
I watched in amazement as Jamie Sommers lifted a car..
I apparently argued with my mother about how I SAW her do it mommy! I watched them do the operation.. she really is bionic.. I was mesmerized.. It wasn't till much later that I found out Jamie had the help of a rather large crane...
and I was hooked.. when I graduated, mom sent flowers. "and just think it all started with the bionic woman"
I studied and toyed and worked my ass off.. I basically stalked the man that hired me in ga, for months I called him. just to keep my name running across his desk, and it worked..
won an emmy with a group of people.. my proudest accomplishment careerwise.. made my parents proud. I tried to give it to them, but they wanted me to keep it.. so I (we) had to buy a house with a mantle. and there it sits.. Haven't gotten another one.. haven't done any work worthy of entering lately.. have a bunch of nomination certificates.. it may be an honor to be nominated, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to win.
Aaron spelling is an interesting looking man.. like the keebler elf.
am I the only one not watching "desperate housewives"?
I must be..
interesting that they keep advertising "ambien" on TVland.. I suppose they figure that if you can't sleep, you will watch Murphy Brown and Roseanne and the Fresh Prince and Cosby.. and if you are up reeeeeaaaaaaly late, wings and full house.. I have some, but don't like to take it.. works really well though..
I was sending comic friend of mine an email talking about female stand up comics, it occurs to me that there aren't many anymore.. sure there is elvira kurt and suzanne westhenhofer for the ladies, but the louise DuArts, Brett Butlers, heck even carol burnetts I just can't think of any who are out there right now that aren't mentioned in that first group except Kathleen Madigan, and I rarely see her about.. will have to investigate this further.. cause now I am wondering where everyone went....
ooh sally field looks good too!wow 41 years in the biz.. that award is really cool lookin!
ooh funny desperate classic housewives..joyce dewitt..charro and the beav, marion ross, and tom bosley, and aunt barbara eden... hehe that was cute.. shirley jones,
a yob is a yob, oh I am thinking pat harrington is .. oh nope abe vigoda.. hehehe
don knotts.. ok that was definitely cute.. kudos to them for that one..