Monday, March 14, 2005

this just in...........

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A judge ruled Monday that California's ban
on gay marriage is unconstitutional, saying the state could no
longer justify limiting marriage to a man and a woman.
In the eagerly awaited opinion likely to be appealed to the
state's highest court, San Francisco County Superior Court Judge
Richard Kramer said that withholding marriage licenses from gays
and lesbians is unconstitutional.
"It appears that no rational purpose exists for limiting
marriage in this state to opposite-sex partners," Kramer wrote.



I called my partner to let her know.. we thought about going to SF back when this was all going on, but figured we would wait.. it's a nice memento, but we want the real thing.. something that won't be revoked later on..
my co-worker, who is extremely pro gay marriage quipped, "now you can marry your dog, right?"
"cause isn't that the fear"?
I chuckled..
"yup, we are hoping that fido and I will be very happy"

Why are people so nervous? I don't care what you do in your bedroom, why do you care what I do in mine? Why does affording my partner and I some rights scare the hell out of you?
Fear is a dangerous thing..
are they afraid that we will take to the streets shouting
"we're here, we're queer, we've come to see your wife" ????
Interesting that no one can answer the one question I've put forth..
it isn't that long ago they were throwing christians to the lions, isn't this sort of the same?
(though I kind of expect they will start doing that at any moment..) I hope to put on a nice tenderizer as a kind of cologne so that my lion will enjoy a nice tasty treat. Maybe a nice marinade of some sort.. I will have to consult my martha stewart living mags to see if I can come up with anything.

yay...

and congratulations to every one who has been un-annulled..