Tuesday, March 15, 2005

late night ramblings....

I’m not computer illiterate mean, I use one to edit video every day, I don’t generally have a problem with it, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to host a freakin picture on my blog.. I downloaded the necessary software, but I can’t seem to get it to work.
Can’t someone help me..
Bueller? Anyone?


So I went through and looked at all the aerial footage from the procession of the immigration officer, It sort of reminded me somewhat of post 9/11. On overpasses throughout the city, police officers stood at attention as the hearse passed on the interstate below them, it brought tears to my eyes.. maybe I am just PMS-ing… though it’s not possible.. but still I seem to be what in my family is known as a "bawl ass" lately.. The most poignant thing was a fire truck its ladder extended, with an American flag flapping in the breeze.. I think that is the image that makes me think of 9-11, flags seem to be synonymous with that in my head.
I missed having drinks with my sister (or as I like to call her seester) who was in town overnight on a business trip, I would have loved to have spent some time with her, but I wasn’t leaving work till 11pm and she was ready for bed after going to the "meat on a stick" restaurant. I can’t remember the translation of the actual restaurant name.. So I’m hoping for a moment tomorrow, possibly lunch where I can run by and give and get a hug. We weren’t really close growing up, when we were really young she used to have nightmares…. Every night she would wake me to go and get mom, I found out as she was toasting my wife and I at our commitment ceremony, that she was actually sending me to my certain death, thinking there were monsters under the bed, and so if she sent me to get mom, they would get me instead of her..
I love you too seester J
Seester says I watch too much TV, as evidenced by the contents of my blog.. More than the fact that it’s what I do, I enjoy it.. I don’t watch it the same way most normal folks do, I watch for CGI, editing, composition, continuity… all kinds of techical things, sometimes it annoys the people I’m with, if I catch something and want to rewind to see what it was.. but hey.. it’s what I do…
Seester is probably right..
I think it was our teen years where we parted ways, she had different friends, was in a different school, and I was a drama geek. Then she was gone to college, I barely ever saw her, cept on holidays.
We are much closer now, we talk on the phone a lot, and we made a pact to try to see more of each other outside of family functions, which I think, is a good thing.. Family is all you got..
I’ve been thinking a lot about the mortality of my parents, I don’t know that I will be able to deal very well.. I know it’s inevitable.. But I really think I might be rocking in a corner somewhere for a little while.
Still no tapes today.. though I sent emails and left messages.. I had a 3:30 shoot that I needed Broll for, that I suppose isn’t going to happen, unless I get them before the show airs and they can do it in post..
Argh
So I am intrigued by this new show on Nick at Night called "chasing farrah" it’s a reality show (of course!) and it follows 70’s TV Icon Farrah Fawcett around.. gonna check it out.. Now if they would only do the same thing for Lindsay Wagner, my life would be complete! (Well there are those sleep number infomercials, so there’s always that at 3am, but it’s just not the same)
And while we’re at it can we figure out a way to bring Karen Carpenter back? I miss her terribly.. every Christmas I am reminded how talented she was, and how misunderstood and lonely and sad.. Truly sad..
I’ve got the complete collection that I listen to, but new music is such a wonderful thing.. to hear a piece of music for the very first time, before you know the words and sing along.. to listen to every nuance, every harmony, note.. it’s one of my favorite things to do. After you’ve heard it 100 times, it’s fun but in a different way.. I like to make time to listen to music for the first time.. everyone should….. My favorite line from "The Incredibles" "Your suit can stretch as far as you...and machine washable dahhling.. that's a new feature"