Wednesday, May 25, 2005

American Idol

I love me some Bo Bice....
that being said.. I had picked Carrie when we first saw her audition..
The reason I think she won..
Marketablity.....
Now.. don't get me wrong.. Bo is talented.. Bo ROCKS!
But.. the style of music he is made for.. good old fashioned kick ass rock and roll..is dead.. or in need of CPR..
think about it..
Lynrd Skynrd.. molly hatchett.. the allman brothers.. Doobie Brothers.. hell Aerosmith is the only real rock and roll band other than the Stones who are still even around.. and they only play them on top 40 cause they've been around so long..
the kind of music Bo is built for just isn't on top 40 radio.. I'm sure he will have a great career.. but Carrie is more marketable.. period
Country radio is more popular than it has ever been. former idol contestant and marine Josh Gracin has a booming country career..
Country music is just where it's at right now..
top 40 is slowly dying Rock is now"classic rock"
and that's why I listen to CD's and talk radio
I love my classic rock..
I even like country..
and I suspect that the AI producers will steer carrie in a more faith hill like direction.. good for country radio and playable on top 40 (or as they call it in the biz.. adult contemporary)
I would love to know what the numbers were, since every online poll had Bo winning by a landslide.. but kudos to carrie.. she has a great voice.. and she's a cutie..
and Bo.. well.. I'll be more than happy to put his upcoming CD in rotation in the truck.. He will not go silently into the night.. and good on him for sticking to his genre and going all the way to the top 2..