Monday, May 09, 2005

The L word and my mom is addicted to bingo


P1220127
Originally uploaded by atlbiscuit.

ahh.. you thought I was going to write about this week's episode.. well.. that will be in a moment..
in the meantime, we spent the weekend at the lake with my wife's parents.. had a lovely time.. be mesmerized by the view of sunset...
happy post mother's day to you all .. hope you had a lot of "L" in yours..
I was able to talk to my biological mother last night for a bit, but have been unable to get a hold of my mom as she has been playing bingo for days..
I really think she needs an intervention.. but it's her social time, so I guess it's all good.. I gave the woman a cell phone last year for christmas so that I could get in touch and she would have something with her in all her late night driving.. (sometimes she doesn't get home till 2 in the morning) but will she put the thing in her purse? NO! it's on the counter.. fully charged and unused.. I'm gonna call her in a bit and hopefully she will be up.

now.. on with the show.. (possible spoilers ahead.. read at your own risk!)

What is up with the L word? the two episodes before this were more like filler episodes, and this week's just left me scratching my head.
Did Ilene Chaiken go on some sort of spiritual journey that we are now forced to watched through the character of jenny? Hey, I'm as big on a having a spiritual journey as anyone, but is this really entertaining? No one has been more vocal about their displeasure with this show than I have been in the past, but the storytelling this season has been so much better, the plot lines have been a little tighter, but then jenny took this left turn.. she was actually likeable, to a degree, and well I suppose having cameras in your house can wig you out a little.. but I am just at a loss on this one.. from the preview it looks like she has begun cutting, which I don't remember seeing on television much before, but she is on a one way road to self destruct and I am wondering if she too will go the way of marina.
I thought the scenes between bette and tina were quite touching.. Bette being vulnerable may acutally be the thing that leads her back to Tina, where she belongs.. though the previews for next week scare me a little.. they better not mess with Tina or the baby.. ooh that would just tick me off..
the whole dealing with the death of Kit and Bette's father was interesting.. I find it odd that the man is actually encouraging his straight daughter to break up a family if it means her own happiness, but he cannot for the life of him give any credit to his gay daughter for being happy (well somewhat before now) in her relationship with a woman.. I sincerely believe that breaking up a family is a much worse offense in the book of life than loving another woman (or man) but hey.. that's just me.. I am so happy that they dedicated the episode to Ozzie Davis, we were all in tears at the end, and I felt it was sort of weird foreshadowing and quite sad that probably one of the last roles he had, he played out his own death. sad..
We have a guess as to the big secret.. when bette was showing her father the photos his housekeeper had sent, there was one photo that bette didn't recognize. later kit made a comment that after he left bette's mother and fell in love with hers, he fell in love with someone after that as well..
we are thinking that perhaps bette and kit have a sibling that they aren't aware of.. we could be wrong.. but
that's what we think.. and kit's son may show up next week as well.. Kit was huggin a guy we had never seen before.. which is what started our "Matlock-in"
Alice..alice.. alice.. take a pill.. you are waaay too nervous.. you are going to drive dana away.. Dana's comment about coming out sooner wasn't great to make in front of your current GF to your ex.. but if alice truly had a problem with them having dinner she really shoulda said something..
Shane.. comb that hair!!! hehe..
Overall this episode was better than the last 2, and I feel that Tina is finally seeing the true helena, and is not really happy with things.. I just want helena to go away... don't like her.. never will..

Later, I will be bloggin about alabama trying to pass a law to get any book, movie or work that has any mention of gay people tossed out of the library and off shelves everywhere.. I really have to get my composure together for this one and I am not quite there yet.. but stay tuned....
peace out and have a happy day!
bisc