Monday, May 02, 2005

Buses, Lesbians and Steaks, oh my~!


my new toy!~
Originally uploaded by atlbiscuit.

wow.. what a long monday!

I spent a most fabulous evening with my boo! I got a new toy this weekend... a chef's prep table for my kitchen! :) I am so damned excited I can't stand it!
She had tried to get me one for christmas, but couldn't find one that she thought would be tall enough.. so on a jaunt out to Sam's club to get a present for a friend, I saw it.. the light shown from above and the angels sang.. and behold.. (see photo)

I know it's nothing spectacular... but it's the little things.. I love to cook and have no counter space.. I had a butcher block.. but I had to kinda hunch over it and it would hurt my back..
anyyyyyyway..

I watched the most wonderful movie last night.. It apparently is based on the life of the alum of a friend of mine..
"Riding the bus with my sister" is the title.. Of course it was quite the buzz cause it was rosie o'donnell's return to television.. and WHAT a return it was!
I was teary the first few minutes of the movie, and then in the hospital scene I was a complete bawl ass! She gave the most gripping performance of someone in the absolute throes of grief and fear and really complex painful emotions.. That scene alone should win her an Emmy Award.. I could actually feel the desperation.. powerful..
truly powerful..
excellent movie.. if you didn't get a chance to see it, do. I don't wanna go into too much detail and ruin it for ya..
So we had made an evening out of it..I used my new toy to prep dinner.. steaks, grilled shrimp, asparagus and potatoes.. yummy! smoked the steaks with a bit of oak.. ohh it was really good.. had a nice bit of wine with dinner.. settled in for the movie, followed by our weekly "L word" viewing..
to me, these past two shows almost seemed like filler shows.. I could have missed both of them and still been ok.
Jenny was doing so well.. and now she's being a freak again.. what was with the wolf eating the cutout of her mother (or father I couldn't tell)
weird.. every time she gets some sort of redeeming qualities, she does something bizzare?
was she kidnapped by carnival workers and sold into the sex slave industry?
is she afraid of carnies? (the carnival workers, not the wilson sister!)
I know or at least I hope they will tie it all together.. but in the meantime.. ENOUGH of thre flashbacks!
on to Bette's sick father.. I'm so confused.. he tells Kit to go after her man, even though he is married with children, as long as it makes her happy, but he won't acknowledge bette and tina's relationship? huh? what's the lord gonna say when they open up the book of life and see that one?
when he called the nurse to come in and close the curtain on B&T, I am so sorry but I would have spun around and snatched it out of her hand and we would have been having a chat right then and there.. time is ticking..
Please make helena go away.. please??
I tire of her.. a lot..
There are only two episodes left.. not sure how they are going to explain things, but time is ticking there too!
I can't wait to see how it goes!
More Runaway Bride stuff.. meetings all day today to figure out what to do about her..
I feel bad.. I've been listening to all kinds of news reports and it seems like everyone has turned on this woman.. don't get me wrong, she should have to pay the city back for the money they spent looking for her.. definitely.. however, she made a huge error in judgement.. hell she may have even planned to take off, but yes, she could have handled it better.. that is clear.. but several days ago when people were saying that they hoped to god that it was just that she had cold feet, now seem to have forgotten that sentiment..
The whole situation is just bizarre..
and yet the fiancee still wants to marry her.. sticking by her.. I suppose this is the "for better for worse" part.

I'm outtie for tonight.. may write more tomorrow.. must.. sleeeeep..