Sunday, August 14, 2005

man it's good to be back home again......

hello friends..
wondering if I would ever grace these pages again didn't ya.. oh yeah I got calls... it's all good.. we were just taking a much needed and well deserved vacation..
I'm not going to talk about the football game, cause well, I just can't yet.. but other than the game.. we had a spectacular time.. we went to my favorite place in the world.. Pemaquid Point, Maine.. If you have never been to Maine, please before you leave this earth.. make the trip.. we just sat on the rocks, watched the lobstermen bring in their traps, and just relaxed. we had an absolutely beautiful day..


I'm posting more pics on my flickr site.. there are a bunch.. but I am going to put up my favorites.. It really is a most spectacular place.. photos don't do it justice..
I can remember going there as a kid.. I always make a point to go there when I visit home. Spent a lot of time with my family, which I always enjoy.. my aunts are getting older and I don't get to see them as much as I should.. my cousins are well.. a lot older.. and I have to say.. one of my cousins is quite the hunk!
and sweet too! I wish I knew someone to hook him up with.. he is quite the doll.
we also went to sebago lake (photos to come) with another cousin and his family.. 3 small kids.. lots of football and frisbee..
Butter got a little sun poisoning, but she's doing better..
sebago was another one of our haunts in my youth.. I can remember going out there early morning and staying all day long.. I was a little surprised that as much playin around as I did.. my back held up quite well.. I even tossed a cousin in the water and didn't hurt myself.. and could move the next morning..
We stayed with one of my cousins and went out to Old Orchard Beach to have dinner on the pier.. had some lobster and clams.. and there was a guy doing a show that was quite raunchy.. we loved it though.. every time someone put money in his tip jar, everyone in the place yelled "fuckin A" it must be a local guy cause they all knew his routine.. he basically sang songs and heckled the crowd.. and it was a blast.. when we got up to leave he commented "look, the softball team is leaving"(lesbian joke of the day) so I went over and gave him a buck and bowed to the crowd.. hey what the hell it was all in good fun..
we then played on the boardwalk and I kicked ass at whack a lobster.. you had to hit this thing that made a lobster go airborne and you had to get the lobster into a clamshell that was floating in a tank and spinning around the tank.. I got 2 out of 3 and won my gal and my cousin a toy dolphin and shark respectively. had to get some cotton candy for my seester.. and just walked around the boardwalk for a few hours .. it was a lot of fun.. (photos to follow)
anyway.. we had a great time driving around and being together, even though if we never drive the car anywhere again that would be ok.. but we are happy to be home and safe and can't wait to pick up our pup from the puppy club med... granmamma took care of her for a few days.. but she had to go out of town, so club med it was.. can't wait to get her back!
I've been following the story of cindy sheehan the past few days.. I missed a little news so I have to check in and see what's going on in crawford.. last I heard on Air america they might arrest her as being a threat to national security.. but that doesn't seem to have happened.. though if it had, I would hope the nation would be in an uproar about it.. She has every right to ask for a meeting.. but I wish more people would get behind her in her efforts.. it's disgusting how the righ wing media is using her story absolutely disgusting.. she has a blog that she writes on on the huffington blog.. so check it out.. and support and spread the word..
cindy sheehan's blog

so check back for more photos in the coming days.. and thanks to everyone who emailed and called to check up on us to make sure we were ok..
Have been watching the roast of pamela anderson.. and I think the funniest thing so far was my gal Bea Arthur reading from Pam's autobiography.. I nearly peed myself!
love that Bea...
peace