Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fancy

My wife just relayed an amusing story that I thought I would share..
she was walking through Decatur on her way to lunch today when she saw this totally tricked out SUV.. big gold escalade with tan leather seats tinted windows and the big assed rimmed wheels.. In it, a large african american guy jammin and I mean jammin!.. music BLARING from the stereo.. BLARING it wasn't your regular hip hop thumpin base music though.. it was strangely familiar but was an instrumental bridge.. .. and it was LOUD The whole square could here it.. and then the chorus
HERE'S YOUR ONE CHANCE FANCY DON'T LET ME DOWN....

yes.... that's right.. REBA.... for all the town to hear..
he wasn't singin along but he was mackin and lookin all cool.. and it was just so something you don't see all the time that she cracked up.
apparently he was having a great time.. and I can appreciate his choice in music.. but it may be one of those "you had to be there moments" but I'm sure you can picture it.... sicily.. 1962 (obscure golden girls reference)

Reba would be proud..